User's manual of SAFIR
- Users manual of thermal calculations (uploaded 19-02-2020): Manual of SAFIR - Thermal.pdf
- Users manual of mechanical calculations (uploaded 19-02-2020): Manual of SAFIR - Mechanical.pdf
- Description of the materials in SAFIR (uploaded 19-02-2020): Material properties - SAFIR manual.pdf
Technical reference of SAFIR
- Technical reference of SAFIR : Technical reference of SAFIR.pdf + Technical reference of SAFIR. Annex B1.pdf
Theory of SAFIR
- Pdf versions of the presentations used to teach SAFIR (uploaded 19-02-2020): Theory of SAFIR.zip
Validation of SAFIR
- Validation of SAFIR through DIN EN 1992-1-2 NA: Technical Report.pdf and SAFIR input files.rar
- List of SAFIR citations and comparisons with tests and other software: SAFIR citations and comparisons with tests.xlsx
The general pre-processor GID is favoured nowadays and recommended as pre-processor for SAFIR. GID allows the generation of any input file for 2D or 3D, thermal or structural problem. The so-called "problem types" are needed to make the link between GID and SAFIR. You can download these problem types here:
- SAFIR problem types v1.5.4 for GID 12.0.10 (uploaded 11-11-2019): SAFIR_problem_types.zip
- Document detailing the modifications in the successive versions of the problemtypes: WhatsNewInSAFIRProblemTypes_v1.5.pdf
- Thomas Gernay GID-SAFIR Examples (uploaded 19-02-2020): Thomas Gernay GID-SAFIR examples.zip
- ArcelorMittal GID-SAFIR Examples (uploaded 19-02-2020): ArcelorMittal GID-SAFIR examples.zip
- Documents explaining how to build in GID a model for SAFIR (uploaded 19-02-2020): GID-SAFIR user manuals.zip
- List of common errors when using the GID preprocessor for SAFIR: Common_errors-GID_SAFIR.pdf
The pre-processor Safir Wizard allows the very fast creation of an input file for the 2D thermal analysis of a section based on a hot rolled steel H section. This pre-processor is not being developed nor maintained any more (GID is preferred) but the 2007 version can still be obtained here:
- Wizard limited pre-processor for 2D thermal analysis of H section: Wizard 2007.msi
The postprocessor DIAMOND allows you to view your structure and your results. It also allows creation of graphics showing the evolution of various results.
- Diamond 2016 (reads XML files) (uploaded 17-10-2018): Diamond2016.rar
- Document detailing the modifications in the successive versions of Diamond (from 2016): WhatsNewInDiamond.pdf
- Presentation of some new capabilities of Diamond (since version 2016 v1.3): New features in Diamond.pdf
- Diamond 2012 (reads OUT files) (uploaded 23-08-2016): Diamond2012.msi
The SHELL tools allows you to run several successive SAFIR calculations in a batch mode.
- If one calculation is aborted, SHELL goes to the next one.
- The window messages linked to each run are available after all runs.
- Each input file can be accessed directly from the SHELL by a double click on its name.
File for installation : tools.msi