User's manual and some theoretical backgrounds
- Users manual of thermal calculation module SAFIR : Users manual of SAFIR 2016 - thermal.pdf
- Users manual of mechanical calculation module SAFIR: Users manual of SAFIR 2016 - mechanical.pdf
- Users manual of the Hasemi fire module: How to make an analysis with Hasemi fires.pdf
- Users manual of the FDS-SAFIR interface module: How to run FDS-SAFIR interface.pdf
- Some tips to use the 3D beam finite element : How to go to 3D.pdf
- Description of the materials in SAFIR: Material properties - SAFIR manual.pdf
- Technical reference of SAFIR : Technical reference of SAFIR.pdf + Technical reference of SAFIR. Annex B1.pdf
- Some theoretical considerations on the calculation module SAFIR : SAFIR theory.pdf
- Validation of SAFIR through DIN EN 1992-1-2 NA: Technical Report and SAFIR input files
- List of SAFIR citations and comparisons with tests and other software: SAFIR citations and comparisons with tests.xlsx
The general pre-processor GID is favoured nowadays and recommended as pre-processor for SAFIR. GID allows the generation of any input file for 2D or 3D, thermal or structural problem. The so-called "problem types" are needed to make the link between GID and SAFIR. You can download these problem types here:
- SAFIR problem types for GID 12.0.10 (uploaded 20-03-2019): SAFIR_ProblemTypes
- Document detailing the modifications in the successive versions of the problemtypes: WhatsNewInSAFIRProblemTypes.pdf
- Set of examples to learn how to use GiD-SAFIR GiD-SAFIR Formation.rar
- List of common errors when using the GID preprocessor for SAFIR: Common_errors-GID_SAFIR.pdf
The pre-processor Safir Wizard allows the very fast creation of an input file for the 2D thermal analysis of a section based on a hot rolled steel H section. This pre-processor is not being developed nor maintained any more (GID is preferred) but the 2007 version can still be obtained here:
- Wizard limited pre-processor for 2D thermal analysis of H section: Wizard 2007.msi
The postprocessor DIAMOND allows you to view your structure and your results. It also allows creation of graphics showing the evolution of various results.
- Diamond 2016 (reads XML files) (uploaded 17-10-2018): Diamond2016
- Document detailing the modifications in the successive versions of Diamond (from 2016): WhatsNewInDiamond.pdf
- Presentation of some new capabilities of Diamond (since version 2016 v1.3): New features in Diamond
- Diamond 2012 (reads OUT files) (uploaded 23-08-2016): Diamond2012.msi
The SHELL tools allows you to run several successive SAFIR calculations in a batch mode.
- If one calculation is aborted, SHELL goes to the next one.
- The window messages linked to each run are available after all runs.
- Each input file can be accessed directly from the SHELL by a double click on its name.
File for installation : tools.msi
Back to SAFIR homepage